LED Airfield Light A650
The Solar LED airfield light is a self-contained, high-performance, low-maintenance and easy-to-install solar-powered light source for traditional airfield taxiway requirements and general purpose marking.
Applications for this LED fixture include: taxiway and apron edge; construction, barricades and fences; temporary or permanent markings; helipads; and hazard marking.
- Easy Installation and Relocation. No specialized work crew required. Lights are immediately operational with limited air traffic disruption. The fixture can be quickly relocated for temporary or emergency applications.
- Self-contained and Low Maintenance. All components are incorporated within a compact, stand-alone unit. The Fixture features a replaceable battery pack that extends the service life beyond five years, reducing the total cost of ownership and resulting in significant cost savings.
- Unprecedented Reliability. Energy Management System (EMS) monitors and adapts the brightness to environmental conditions for consistent operation and long life under the toughest conditions.
- Designed and Tested to Tough Industrial Standards. MIL-STD-202G Humidity, Immersion, Vibration, Shock; MIL-STD-810G: Solar Radiation, Salt Fog; EN 60945: ESD, EMI, EMC; IP68; L70. The A650 is acceptable for barricade and construction applications at Commercial Part 139 Airports under FAA Advisory Circular AC 150/5370-2E.
- User Friendly. Easy configuration and programming options including: on-board user interface, infrared remote and device manager software through USB connection or optional wireless control system offering secure 900 MHz.
The Solar LED runway light is a self-contained, low-maintenance, easy-to-install solar-powered light source for traditional airfield runway requirements and other general purpose marking.
Applications for this LED fixture include: medium-intensity runway edge & threshold (MIRL); high-intensity runway edge & threshold (HIRL); taxiway lighting; NVG operations; emergency airfields; and helipads.
- Advanced Design: improved optical efficiency with latest LEDs; up to 25% more power with high-efficiency solar panels; reduced standby power consumption; and multiple solar engine sizes for best value-for-performance
- Easy Installation. Limited crew, no trenching, and no airfield interruptions. Just place the fixture and it emits light dusk-to-dawn while maintaining its battery. Optional wireless control provides on-demand operation from up to 4 km (2.5 m) away.
- Low Maintenance. The fixture integrates solar panels, battery, electronics, and LED light source into a compact, stand-alone unit requiring minimal maintenance. The replaceable battery extends service life well beyond 5 years.
- Reliable. The Energy Management System (EMS) monitors all operations to provide consistent output in the harshest environments. Testing to ICAO, FAA and MIL specifications ensures high performance for many years.
The solar LED markers are used to illuminate runways, taxiways, and airport obstructions for visual recognition.
Data Sheet (.pdf)
Solar LED markers are used to illuminate taxiway/runway edges, centerlines and thresholds as well as airport obstructions and are available in red, green, blue, white, and a green/red combination, depending on the application.
- Designed to withstand 20 tons PSI.
- Built for extreme weather conditions.
- Three to five year life span.
- Batteries charge in approximately four hours using the sun’s energy.
- Markers operate 8 or more hours on a full charge.
- Once cycled, units operate for several days without additional charging.
- LED lights are super bright:
- LED brightness equates to 35 lumens
- Visible over ½ mile
- Visible from 2000 feet at 3 miles out
- Can be used on airport runways (on asphalt, concrete, turf, or dirt), airport taxiways, airport fueling stations, airport hangars, airport roadways (bypasses, bridges, traffic cluster sites), and fire hydrant areas.
- Optional epoxy adhesive pads are available to secure markers to concrete or asphalt.