IR Modification for LED Systems
The HALO™ IR Modification provides an IR visual indicator for structures lit with LED technology so anti-collision beacons can be seen with Night Vision Googles. Current LED technology in FAA L-864 and L-865 lighting fixtures may not be visible during use of Night Vision Goggles Operations. The HALO can be added to any manufacturer’s installed LED lighting fixture.
HALO will automatically flash in sync with the lighting fixture during night operation via a patent-pending optical interface. The HALO will also mimic the flash duration of the installed L-864 or L-865.
The HALO will be self-monitored with a dry-contact alarm providing the tower owner verification of operation since it is not visible to the naked eye. The HALO can also be easily upgraded to future next generation IR specifications without the need to change out the existing medium intensity LED flashhead.
Mounting of the system is done quickly and easily by simply loosening the four mounting bolts, sliding the bracket under any flashhead and tightening the bolts. Wiring is done with a #18-6C cable that will interconnect at supplied terminal boxes on the bracket and in the shelter.
|45-1100-001||HALO - IR LED Modification System, w/Bracket, 100-265VAC|
- InfraRed (IR)
- Vertical Distribution: -15° to +30°
- Wavelength: 850 nm
- Horizontal Coverage: 360°, omni-directional
- Temperature: -40° to +55° C (-40° F to +130° F)
- Miscellaneous: Will withstand exposure to 95% relative humidity, Wind-blown rain direction, Salt-laden atmosphere, Wind Speed - 240kph (150mph)
- Weight: 9.75 lbs.
- Fixture Material: Cast Aluminum, Powder Coated Aviation Red, Glass Lens
- Bracket Material: Stainless Steel
- Input Voltages: 100 - 265 VAC 50/60Hz or 48 VDC ±10%
- Power Consumption: <15 W